brewexchange

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
brewexchange

a place for homebrewers to exchange tips, stories, recipies and brews

I forgot my password

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Copper kettle homebrewing

copperkettlehomebrewing

2 posters

Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.

Technotrucker
    Technotrucker
    User
    User

Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.  Empty Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.

Post  Technotrucker Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:09 am

Hi to who ever is out there, I've been brewing now for umpteen years. I do AG, I have tried the wine kits, had a really good one last year, but have also had a crap one. I must say the wine kits at £60/£70 a throw are a little OTT.

At the moment I'll stick to brewing beer, I've got to fill 6 cornie kegs that I got off Ebay the other week, so that should keep me busy for a few months.

Any way that's all for now.

TT study
    PureGuiness
    PureGuiness

Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.  Empty Re: Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.

Post  PureGuiness Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:50 am

Hi TT and welcome to the forum.

I've had mixed results with wine kits. I don't usually like white wine but thought the cheap Youngs elderflower was excellent. The red I then tried from the same range was drinkable but not that great.

While you're filling the cornies, get a few bottles sorted and pop them on here to swap Smile

Happy Brewing.
    Technotrucker
    Technotrucker
    User
    User

Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.  Empty Re: Hi from deepest darkest Warwickshire.

Post  Technotrucker Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 am

One of fellow brewers was out yesterday picking dandelions, as he makes the wine.
    As for the bottles, yes it's possible, don't bottle a lot these days as I've gone over to the cornies, I've got a PJ clone in the FV, been in there 4 weeks and was still going strong. That's down to 1010 now so that's gone outside in the outhouse, so will bottle a few.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:27 pm